School of Visual Arts has been a leader in the education of artists, designers and creative professionals for nearly seven decades. With a faculty of distinguished working professionals, a dynamic curriculum and an emphasis on critical thinking, SVA is a catalyst for innovation and social responsibility. Comprised of almost 4,500 students at its Manhattan campus and 35,000 alumni in 100 countries, SVA also represents one of the most influential artistic communities in the world. For information about the College’s 32 undergraduate and graduate degree programs, visit sva.edu.
The School of Visual Arts has been authorized by the New York State Board of Regents (www.highered.nysed.gov) to confer the degree of:
- Bachelor of Fine Arts on graduates of programs in Advertising; Animation; Cartooning; Computer Art, Computer Animation and Visual Effects; Design; Film; Fine Arts; Illustration; Interior Design; Photography and Video; and Visual and Critical Studies;
- Master of Arts on graduates of the program in Critical Theory and the Arts; Curatorial Practice; and Design Research, Writing and Criticism;
- Master of Arts in Teaching on graduates of the program in Art Education;
- Master of Fine Arts on graduates of programs in Art Writing; Art Practice; Computer Arts; Design; Design for Social Innovation; Fine Arts; Illustration as Visual Essay; Interaction Design; Photography, Video, and Related Media; Products of Design; Social Documentary Film; Visual Narrative;
- Master of Professional Studies on graduates of the programs in Art Therapy, Branding, Digital Photography, Directing, and Fashion Photography.
Data required by the U.S. Department of Education on “gainful employment” for each of the above programs may be found on the individual program pages at sva.edu.
The School of Visual Arts is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (msche.org), 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, 215.662.5606. The Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council on Higher Education Accreditation.
The School of Visual Arts is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (nasad.arts-accredit.org).