This educational program is designed to prepare students to assist optometrists in administering examinations and treatments, providing patient care, and performing office administrative functions. This program frequently includes in depth instruction in applied anatomy and physiology of the eye, patient communication, visual testing, medications and administration, patient preparation, record-keeping, dispensing and fitting of eyeglasses and contact lenses, and office management skills.
Below are colleges and universities providing majors, degrees, and training programs in Optometric technology and assisting.
- Bay de Noc Community College Escanaba, MI
- Delta College University Center, MI
- Hillsborough Community College Tampa, FL
- Mercy College of Northwest Ohio Toledo, OH
- Oakland Community College Bloomfield Hills, MI
- Owens Community College: Toledo Toledo, OH
- Raritan Valley Community College North Branch, NJ
- San Jacinto College Pasadena, TX
- Southwestern Indian Polytechnic Institute Albuquerque, NM