This program is designed to prepare students, under the supervision of ophthalmologists and optometrists, to cut, edge, grind, and finish corrective lenses and to fabricate eyewear. This program frequently includes in depth instruction in optical theory, lens surfacing and finishing, applied mathematics, tinting and coating, frame construction and repair, impact resistance treatment and testing, equipment operation and maintenance, prescription interpretation, record-keeping, follow-up adjustment, and laboratory safety procedures.
Below are colleges and universities providing majors, degrees, and training programs in Ophthalmic Laboratory Technology.
- Abilene Christian University Abilene, TX
- Broward College Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Community College of the Air Force Maxwell-Gunter AFB, AL
- DeKalb Technical College Clarkston, GA
- Eastern Oregon University La Grande, OR
- Indiana University Bloomington Bloomington, IN
- Lakeland Community College Kirtland, OH
- Middlesex Community College Middletown, CT
- Rochester Institute of Technology Rochester, NY
- St. Catherine University Saint Paul, MN
- Tyler Junior College Tyler, TX