Northampton Community College (abbreviated NCC) is a two-year community college located in the township of Bethlehem, in the county of Northampton, in the Lehigh Valley region of Pennsylvania. Northampton was established in 1967. In addition to its main campus in Bethlehem, the college has satellite campuses in Mount Pocono, Bartonsville, Hawley and another center in the southern end of the city of Bethlehem.
Northampton is fully accredited to award associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates. The college offers programs in over 100 fields of study and career-oriented disciplines including business, technology, education, humanities and allied health professions. Not only does Northampton produce graduates that fill positions throughout the Lehigh Valley (e.g. nurses, technologists, EMTs, teachers, etc.) it is also one of the largest employers in the entire region and an important contributor to the local economy. Nearly 40% of NCC’s students will continue on to a four-year college or university after graduation. About 60% will immediately pursue career opportunities. Northampton has a very high placement rate.
The Center for Business and Industry at Northampton Community College offers one of the state’s largest non-credit, workforce training programs designed specifically to help adults acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to obtain and maintain gainful employment. NCC is also one of the few of Pennsylvania’s community colleges to offers a residential program where students can live on campus.
As previously mentioned, NCC trains a large number of the professionals who live and work in the Lehigh Valley region. What is also true is that nearly 25% of all high school students in the region choose to attend NCC upon graduating from high school. The other 75% of NCC’s student body comes from all walks of life, ethnicities, and backgrounds. The student body at NCC is very diverse in terms of academic background, religion, races, and interests.
For in-state residents, tuition is roughly $120 per credit hour. Students are expected to support the brunt of the cost of attending Northampton but the college does provide a substantial amount of financial aid for qualifying students each year through scholarships, grants and low-interest student loans.
3835 Green Pond Road
Bethlehem, PA 18020
Fax: (610) 861-4560
Contact: James McCarthy
Director of Admissions
3835 Green Pond Road
Bethlehem, PA 18020
Total undergrads: 10,284
First-time degree-seeking freshmen: 2,512
Degree-seeking undergrads: 10,032
College has an application fee: Yes
Regular application fee: $25
Online application fee: $25
Special requirements for allied health, veterinary technician, and culinary arts programs.
Arts, Visual & Performing
Biological & Biomedical Sciences
Business, Management, & Marketing
Accounting Technology A,C
Communications & Journalism
Radio/Television Broadcasting A
Computer & Information Sciences
Computer Networking/Telecommunications A
Education – General A
Engineering – General A
Architectural Engineering Technology A
Family & Consumer Sciences
Child Care Management C
Health Professions & Clinical Sciences
Athletic Training/Sports Medicine A
Law & Legal Studies
Legal Administrative Assistance A,C
Liberal Arts & Sciences
General Studies A
Library Assistance C
Mathematics – General A
Mechanic & Repair Technologies
Automotive Technology A,C
Parks, Recreation & Fitness
Sport/Fitness Administration A
Personal & Culinary Services
Culinary Arts/Chef Training A,C
Precision Production Trades
Welding Technology C
Public Administration & Services
Social Work A
Biology Technician C
Security & Protective Services
Criminal Justice Studies A
Degrees, certificates and diplomas for each major are designated by the following letters:|
B = Bachelor’s degree
C = Certificate or diploma
*We do not guarantee the accuracy of information on this page. All information is subject to change. You should confirm all information with a college admissions officer.