For students that already have an itch to see the world while they are in school, the Princeton Review has compiled a list of schools that have the most popular study abroad programs. Studying abroad has become, for many students, the pinnacle of their undergraduate experience. But not every school makes it easy to transfer credits, afford the programs, or make a smooth transition back into their regular academic life. Schools that excel in these areas made high marks on this list.
Another huge factor for making a school a great place to participate in a study abroad program? Options. The number one school, Goucher College, features over 60 programs on six continents and 32 different countries. Another great benefit the Goucher College offers students is the option to take study abroad programs on semester or year-long terms, short-term programs, or even intensive courses abroad. These courses take on very precise specialties, like a program in Granada, Spain where students study astronomy or exploring sacred space and the forbidden forest in Japan.
It is not only big-name schools that offer great study abroad options, either. Places like Elon University, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, and Centre College all made the list. These small schools encourage their students to take time away from their campuses to gain worldly experience and allow for students to transfer financial aid credits for the trip. In our increasingly global society, students who spend time abroad stand out in the job market, especially if they invest in learning foreign languages. So, if you’re a student with a travel bug, do your research to find a school that can sponsor all of your aspirations.
Most Popular Study Abroad Programs
- Goucher College, Baltimore, MD
- Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH
- University of Dallas, Irving, TX
- George Washington University, Washington, DC
- Union College, Lincoln, NE
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, MA
- Kalamazoo College, Kalamazoo, MI
- Centre College, Danville, KY
- Elon University, Elon, NC
- Austin College, Sherman, TX
- Pepperdine Univeristy, Malibu, CA
- University of Deleware, Newark, DE
- Pitzer College, Claremont, CA
- Indiana University – Bloomington,
- Susquehanna University, Selingsgrove, PA
- Illinois Wesleyan University, Bloomington, IL
- Rhodes College, Memphis, TN
- The College of Wooster, Wooster, OH
- Suffolk University, Boston, MA
- Tufts University, Medford, MA