This educational program focuses on the application of computer science and software engineering to medical research and clinical information technology support, and the development of advanced imaging, database, and decision systems. This program frequently includes in depth instruction in computer science, health information systems architecture, medical knowledge structures, medical language and image processing, quantitative medical decision modeling, imaging techniques, electronic medical records, medical research systems, clinical decision support, and informatics aspects of specific research and practice problems.
Below are colleges and universities providing majors, degrees, and training programs in Medical Informatics.
- Community College of Baltimore County Baltimore, MD
- Idaho State University Pocatello, ID
- Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis Indianapolis, IN
- Loyola University Chicago Chicago, IL
- Massachusetts Bay Community College Wellesley Hills, MA
- Montana Tech of the University of Montana Butte, MT
- Richland College Dallas, TX
- Rochester Community and Technical College Rochester, MN
- University of Minnesota: Crookston Crookston, MN
- Walden University Minneapolis, MN
- Western Governors University Salt Lake City, UT