This educational program focuses on the application of physical, chemical, and engineering principles to the development and implementation of manufacturing, storage, packaging, and distribution technologies and processes for food products. This program typically includes in depth instruction in food engineering, food preparation, food preservation and handling, food storage and shipment, food packaging and display, and related equipment and facilities operation, design, and maintenance.
The following colleges and universities provide majors and degree programs in Food Technology and Processing.
- Arkansas State University
- Brigham Young University
- Colorado Mountain College
Glenwood Springs, CO
- Ohio State University: Columbus Campus
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Vincennes University
- Yakima Valley Community College