This program is designed to prepare students, under the supervision of physicians and nurses, to administer EKG and ECG diagnostic examinations and report results to the treatment team. This program frequently includes in depth instruction in basic anatomy and physiology, the cardiovascular system, medical terminology, cardiovascular medications and effects, EKG and ECG administration, interpretation of cardiac rhythm, patient care, equipment operation and maintenance, patient record management, and professional ethics and standards.
Below are colleges and universities providing majors, degrees, and training programs in Electrocardiograph Technology.
- Anne Arundel Community College Arnold, MD
- City College of San Francisco San Francisco, CA
- Cuyahoga Community College: Eastern Highland Hills, OH
- De Anza College Cupertino, CA
- Delaware Technical and Community College: Stanton/Wilmington Newark, DE
- Harper College Palatine, IL
- Jefferson Community and Technical College Louisville, KY
- Lakeland Community College Kirtland, OH
- Monroe County Community College Monroe, MI
- Orange Coast College Costa Mesa, CA
- Sinclair Community College Dayton, OH
- Southwest Virginia Community College Cedar Bluff, VA
- University of Toledo Toledo, OH