General construction students learn various skills needed to build, inspect, and repair buildings and other structures. Most construction students complete courses in electrical wiring, masonry, carpentry, and related concepts.
In addition to the aforementioned courses, construction students also take management, inspection, finishing, and power transmission and electrical installation classes.
Select a concentration below to explore various construction trades majors and view colleges and universities offering majors and degree programs in construction, masonry, carpentry, electrician, glazier, concrete finishing, flat work, construction management, roofing, painting and more.
- Electrical and Power Transmission Installation/installer, General
- Lineworker Electrical and Power Transmission Installers, Other
- Building/property Maintenance
- Concrete Finishing/concrete Finisher
- Building/home/construction Inspection/inspector
- Drywall Installation/drywaller
- Painting/painter and Wall Coverer
- Metal Building Assembly/assembler
- Building/construction Site Management/manager
- Building Construction Technology
- Building/construction Finishing, Management, and Inspection, Other
- Pipefitting/pipefitter and Sprinkler Fitter
- Plumbing Technology/plumber
- Well Drilling/driller
- Plumbing and Related Water Supply Services, Other
- Construction Trades, Other