This program is designed to prepare students to apply the principles of dietetics and the biomedical and nutrition sciences to design and manage effective nutrition programs as part of clinical treatment and therapy programs and to manage health care facility food services. This program frequently includes in depth instruction in human nutrition, the role of foods and nutrition in health promotion and disease prevention, nutrient metabolism, nutrition as a treatment regime, diet and nutrition analysis and planning, planning and directing hospital food service programs, supervision of food storage and preparation, client education, special diets, and professional standards and regulations.
Below are colleges and universities providing majors, degrees, and training programs in Clinical Nutrition.
- Central Arizona College Coolidge, AZ
- Chandler-Gilbert Community College: Pecos Chandler, AZ
- East Carolina University Greenville, NC
- Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College Cloquet, MN
- Gulf Coast Community College Panama City, FL
- Howard Community College Columbia, MD
- Loyola University Chicago Chicago, IL
- Messiah College Grantham, PA
- University of North Dakota Grand Forks, ND