This program is designed to prepare students to diagnose and treat hearing loss and other disorders involving the ear, advise patients on means to use their remaining hearing, and select and fit hearing aids and other devices. This program frequently includes in depth instruction in acoustics, hearing measurement, auditory pathology, anatomy and physiology of hearing, rehabilitation therapies and assistive technologies, middle and inner ear analysis, and pediatric and other special applications.
Below are colleges and universities providing majors, degrees, and training programs in Audiology/Hearing Sciences.
- Cleveland State University Cleveland, OH
- Elms College Chicopee, MA
- Emerson College Boston, MA
- Indiana University Bloomington Bloomington, IN
- Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne Fort Wayne, IN
- Ohio State University: Columbus Campus Columbus, OH
- Portland State University Portland, OR
- Purdue University West Lafayette, IN
- Stephen F. Austin State University Nacogdoches, TX
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Champaign, IL
- University of Iowa Iowa City, IA
- University of Montevallo Montevallo, AL
- University of Northern Colorado Greeley, CO
- University of Tennessee: Knoxville Knoxville, TN