This educational program focuses on the application of chemical and biological principles to the prevention, study, and control of diseases in agricultural animal populations. This program typically includes in depth instruction in environmental science, animal population studies, pharmacology, genetics, disease prevention, treatment methodologies, animal physiology and diet, and laboratory and testing procedures.
The following colleges and universities provide majors and degree programs in Animal Health.
- California State University: Fresno Fresno, CA
- Colorado Mountain College Glenwood Springs, CO
- Cuyahoga Community College: Eastern Campus Highland Hills, OH
- Los Angeles Pierce College Woodland Hills, CA
- Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture Curtis, NE
- San Diego Mesa College San Diego, CA
- Sul Ross State University Alpine, TX