This program is designed to prepare students to operate specialized ranch, farm, and agribusiness power equipment of a mobile, stationary, and/or hand-operated nature. This program typically includes in depth instruction in operating specialized equipment such as tractors and hauling equipment; terrestrial and airborne crop-spraying equipment; cutting equipment; planting and harvesting equipment; power sources and systems for silos, pumping, irrigation, processing equipment; and applications such as feeding, dairy, and shearing operations; and applicable mechanical, electrical, and safety principles.
The following colleges and universities provide majors and degree programs in Agricultural Power Machinery.
- Black Hawk College: East Campus
- Dawson Community College
- Hawkeye Community College
- Hutchinson Community College
- Iowa Lakes Community College
- North Dakota State College of Science
- Northeast Iowa Community College
- Ohio State University Agricultural Technical Institute
- Southwest Georgia Technical College
- State University of New York College of Agriculture and Technology at Morrisville