This program is designed to prepare students to receive, store, inspect, process, and package agricultural products in the form of animal or plant food, human food consumables, or other industrial products. This program typically includes in depth instruction in the nutrient and industrial properties of various agricultural products; chemical and mechanical processing operations; logistics and storage procedures; safety and health requirements; packaging; and related technical and business principles.
The following colleges and universities provide majors and degree programs in Agricultural and Food Products Processing.
- Des Moines Area Community College
- Eastern Oklahoma State College
- Northeast Iowa Community College
- Purdue University
est Lafayette, IN
- University of Nebraska – Lincoln
- University of Wisconsin-River Falls
River Falls, WI
- Washington State University
- Wenatchee Valley College
- Yakima Valley Community College