Urban and Regional Planning Colleges
The Urban and Regional Planning majors is designed to prepare students to apply principles of planning, analysis, and architecture to the improvement and development of urban areas and surrounding regions, and to work in the capacity of a professional planner. This major includes advanced coursework in principles of architecture; service, communications, and transportation systems design; community and commercial development; master plan development; zoning; land use planning; applied economics; applicable laws and regulations; policy analysis; and professional responsibilities and managerial duties.
Select a concentration below to explore various urban and regional planning majors and view colleges and universities offering majors and degree programs in principles of architecture, plan development, transportation systems design, community and commercial development, zoning, land use planning, applied economics, policy analysis, applicable law and regulations and managerial duties.
- Auburn University - Our site gives an overview of the master's program in Community Planning, including course offerings, faculty directory, and application instructions.
- Barnard College - The website for interdisciplinary urban studies offers program descriptions, faculty directory, and course listings.
- California State Polytechnic University, Pomona - We have undergraduate and graduate degrees in urban and regional planning as well as a GIS minor. Our site offers program overviews, course information, directories, and general school information.
- California State University, Northridge - Find out here about our mission, our programs, our faculty, and our courses.
- Cleveland State University - At the Maxine Goodman Levin College of Urban Affairs we have graduate and undergraduate degree options in environmental studies, urban planning, public administration, and urban studies.
- Columbia University - Learn about our graduate degree options in urban planning. Click here to learn about our faculty, our students, and our current development projects.
- Cornell University - We offer degrees in planning, urban and regional studies, real estate, historic preservation, and regional science at all academic levels of higher education.
- Delft University of Technology - Here you will find course overviews for programs in building technology, architecture, real estate, and housing as well as faculty directories, and general school information. (Dutch website).
- Eastern Michigan University - We have bachelor's and master's degrees in urban and regional planning. Our website includes course listings, project information, directories, and calendar.
- European Institute for Comparative Urban Research - We are dedicated to promoting urban research that will benefit cities and communities around the world.
- Florida State University - we offer graduate degrees in urban and regional planning and dual degrees in public administration and law.
- Institute for Civil Infrastructure Systems - We combine engineering and social science to help prepare our students to handle the problem of balancing infrastructure and social need in urban development.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology - Click here for an overview of the School of Architecture and Planning, including department information, directories, application instruction, and department news.
- Milton Keynes City Discovery Centre - We have programs in city planning, urban geography, and heritage management. Located in Buckinghamshire, England.
- Portland State University - Website for the School of Urban Studies and Planning at PSU.
- Ryerson Polytechnic Institute - Toronto, Ontario. Earn a bachelor's degree in urban and regional planning from Ryerson Polytech.
- Saxion Universities - This Dutch university has undergraduate and graduate programs. Site offers admission information, course offerings, and general school information.
- Southern Connecticut State University - This cite offers admission information, course offerings, and general school information.
- Stellenbosch University - South Africa. Earn undergraduate and graduate degrees in management and planning.
- University College London - Our site includes program descriptions, faculty directory, and research information.
- University of California, Irvine - At the website for the Department of Planning, Policy and Design learn about our programs, our courses, our faculty and our research.
- University of Hong Kong - At the Centre of Urban Planning and Environmental Management you can earn postgraduate degrees in transport policy an planning, housing management, urban planning, and environmental management.
- University of Illinois at Chicago - The website for the College of Urban Planning and Public Affairs offers department information and an overview of the Great Cities Institute.
- University of Illinois at Urbana Champion - At the website for the Department of Urban and Regional Planning you can learn about our students, our school, the admissions process and our projects.
- University of Massachusetts - We have eight programs in Landscape Architecture and Regional Planning from associates degrees to doctorate degrees.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill - Here you will find general information about the Department of City and Regional Planning, as well as faculty directories, job listings, and application instructions.
- University of Oklahoma - Here at the Division of Regional and Community Planning, we have an integrated master's program that combines social science, engineering, architecture, business and environmental studies.
- University of Pennsylvania - By joining the Urban Studies interdisciplinary major, you will learn a wide range of views on city planning and development..
- University of Southern California - School of Policy, Planning and Development.
- University of Washington - Through the Department of Urban Design and Planning we offer undergraduate and graduate degrees in architecture and urban planning fields.
- University Partnership Development Project - This website explains the partnership between the Kharkiv State Academy of Municipal Economy in Ukraine and the School of Urban and Public Affairs at the University of Texas at Arlington.
- Urban Design Project - Our center is devoted to using research and education to help the local community with its urban design needs.
- Virginia Commonwealth University - We have undergraduate and graduate programs in urban and regional planning. Click here to learn about degree programs, faculty, and campus news.
- Wayne State University - We are devoted to providing educational and community services that will help tackle the growing challenges of urban development through research, policy development, and professional training.
College Degree Finder
Search our national database of online and campus based college degree programs.