Optometry Colleges and Universities
Optometry programs are designed to prepare students for the independent professional practice of optometry and focus on the principles and techniques for diagnosing, examining, and treating conditions of the visual system. Optometry programs usually include in depth instruction in prescribing contact lenses, glasses, other optical aids, corrective therapies, patient counseling, practice management, physician referral, and ethics and professional standards.
- Aston University Optometry & Vision - Site includes overview of career options in optometry, course offerings, and information about current research. Birmingham, United Kingdom.
- Case Western Reserve University - Website for the Opthalmology Department: highlights research, and provides student guidance.
- College of Optometry, Northeastern State University - Doctoral programs in optometry prepare students for clinical work and professional success.
- College of Optometry, Nova Southeastern University - Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Site includes general information, admissions instructions, faculty directory and events page.
- College of Optometry, Ohio State University - Center for optometric research and professional education. Site offers admissions requirements, program descriptions, and clinic overview.
- Dean A. McGee Eye Institute - University of Oklahoma Ophthalmology Department.
- Department of Ophthalmology, Aberdeen University - Research includes studies in diabetic retinopathy and uveitis, as well as corneal and retinal disease.
- Department of Ophthalmology - University of California, Davis. - this academic medical center offers clinical services as well as research and surgical facilities, patient testing services, and access to top tier medical education.
- Department of Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences, University of Illinois, Chicago - Education programs include training in basic scientific research and in clinical ophthalmology.
- Department of Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences, University of Texas, Galveston - Devoted to helping medical professionals learn the skills necessary to complete thorough research, and provide stellar clinical services to their patients.
- Department of Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences, University of Wisconsin - A full research staff works behind the scenes at the University supporting the team of medical professionals and students who provide full optometric clinical services to the local community.
- Department of Ophthalmology and Optometry - Texas Tech University - Site includes information about certification as a doctor of Ophthalmology as well as other general program information.
- Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science - Yale School of Medicine - Site offers clinical information for students, faculty and patients, as well as a list of online educational links, and program information. Located in New haven, CT.
- Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences - Website for the Washington University Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences Department.
- Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Iowa - Ischemic Optic Neuropathy - Site offers important information for patients and clinic users. Site also includes links to information for professionals, including published research and findings.
- Department of Ophthalmology, Baylor College of Medicine - Overview of the department, the faculty, and the program requirements.
- Department of Ophthalmology, Columbia University - University information designed for students and patients. Includes FAQ page.
- Department of Ophthalmology, Coruva University - An important global information hub for ophthalmology research and innovation.
- Department of Ophthalmology, Georgetown University - Site includes information about the University Medical Center's three year residency program for Ophthalmology graduates.
- Department of Ophthalmology, Massachusetts Eye & Ear Infirmary - Site offers information about the many clinical services available through the department.
- Department of Ophthalmology, Mayo Clinic - Dedicated to the study and treatment of eye related dysfunctions, and diseases.
- Department of Ophthalmology, McGill University - Devoted to offering full clinical eye care services and training students to provide professional patient care and research.
- Department of Ophthalmology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine - Top tier clinical services provide cutting edge methods for eye care, and create fruitful research environment. Undergraduate and graduate programs available. Located in New York.
- Department of Ophthalmology, Saint Louis University - Site includes faculty profiles, program descriptions, and general university information.
- Department of Ophthalmology, University at Buffalo - Exceptional Opthalmology training in a full-time clinic staffed with experienced ophthalmology professionals.
- Department of Ophthalmology, University of Kentucky, Lexington - Known around the country for its exceptional eye care facilities, this clinical department serves the community it stands in. Programs combine ethics, services, research, and leadership training.
- Department of Ophthalmology, University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine - There are only three spots available in this program each year, and they are reserved for the best and brightest ophthalmology students.
- Department of Ophthalmology, University of Tennessee, Memphis - Department offers three year residency program in ophthalmology, academic medicine, and specialization.
- Department of Ophthalmology, University of Virginia - Department provides ophthalmic services to parts of Virginia North Carolina, and Tennessee. Students gain valuable experience working with the many patients who come through our clinics.
- Department of Ophthalmology, Vanderbilt University - Site includes information for patients, faculty, students, and prospective students of Vanderbilt Universities department of ophthalmology.
- Department of Ophthalmology, Wake Forest University Eye Center - Clinic offers full eye care services as well as research facilities. Main focus includes consultative and surgical services.
- Department of Ophthalmology, Wright State University - Devoted to helping students complete a two year oculoplastic and orbital reconstructive surgery fellowship that prepares them for specialization. Research focuses on developing new surgical methods and finding the cures for common blinding diseases.
- Eyetext.net - Register for free at this site and gain access to e-texts, a database of images, and other professional resources.
- Global Medical Education and Training - Site offers educational material for ophthalmology students and instructors.
- Harvard Medical School - This postgraduate program offers students the chance to gain valuable research experience in molecular and ophthalmologic research.
- International Council of Ophthalmology - Devoted to improving vision throughout the world.
- National Eye Institute - Information for Educators - Find information on educational and training programs and materials available through the National Eye Institute.
- Orthoptics Online - Detailed information about the American orthoptic Council and the American Association of Certified Orthoptists. Site includes information about programs in orthoptics around the country. It also lists the qualifications and training required to enter orthoptic programs nation wide.
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists - Site offers information about studying ophthalmology in London, England.
- Stanford University - Department of ophthalmology Department information and database.
- Success in MRCOphth - MCQs for MRCOphth, Learn about clinical available clinical services, including eye exams, brain teasers, and picture diagnostic tests.
- University of Arizona - Information about the faculty, students, and programs in the ophthalmology department.
- University of Iowa - Information about the faculty, students, and programs in the ophthalmology department, as well as research information and other educational services.
- University of Louisville Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences - Devoted to offering exceptional eye care, thorough research, and unmatched educational programs.
- University of Missouri - Mason Institute of Ophthalmology - Description of programs, and list of professional resources for ophthalmology students.
- University of Sheffield - Website for the ophthalmology and orthoptics Department.
- University of Sydney School of Applied Vision Sciences - Site offers university overview, faculty directory, research information and course listings.
- Washington University Physicians - Department of Ophthalmology - Clinic offers patient care for eyelid surgery, retina disease, detached retina, and cornea disease.
- Weill Medical College of Cornell University - Website for the ophthalmology department - includes residency information and details about practice.
College Degree Finder
Search our national database of online and campus based college degree programs.