Communication technology is a rapidly growing and exciting field of study. Since communication technology programs are designed to satisfy the constantly evolving needs of the business world, students studying this major will complete various courses in communications, business management, and technology. Students must complete a broad range of courses to learn how to integrate communication, media, manufacturing, computer science, media, and business technologies. Likewise, students learn how to utilize modern technology to satisfy the needs of various organizations. Communications technology is an ideal major for students pursuing management careers for communication-based organizations.
Select a concentration below to explore various communication technology majors and view colleges and universities offering majors and degree programs in communications technology, video technology broadcasting, computer typography, and more.
- Audiovisual Communications Technologies/technicians
- Communications Technology/technician
- Photographic and Film/video Technology/technician and Assistant
- Radio and Television Broadcasting Technology/technician
- Recording Arts Technology/technician
- Graphic Communications, General
- Printing Management
- Prepress/desktop Publishing and Digital Imaging Design
- Animation, Interactive Technology, Video Graphics and Special Effects
- Graphic and Printing Equipment Operator, General Production
- Printing Press Operator
- Computer Typography and Composition Equipment Operator
- Graphic Communications, Other
- Communications Technologies/technicians and Support Services, Other