Abilene is a city located in west central Texas. As of the last U.S. census the population of Abilene was 117,063. It is the central city of the Abilene Metropolitan Area which has a population of roughly 160,000 people. It is also the home of Dyess Air Force base. There are several universities located in Abilene, including Abilene Christian University, McMurray University and Hardin-Simmons University. Review brief profiles for each university below.
Abilene Christian University
ACU Box 29000
Abilene, TX 79699
Fax: (325) 674-2130
Abilene Christian University reports a total enrollment of 4,500+ students and offers Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degrees and degree completion programs.
South 14th and Sayles Boulevard
McMurry Station, Box 278
Abilene, TX 79697-0001
Fax: (325) 793-4701
McMurry University reports a total enrollment of 1,500+ students and offers Bachelor’s degrees and degree completion programs.
PO Box 16050
Abilene, TX 79698-0001
Fax: (325) 671-2115
Hardin-Simmons University reports a total enrollment of 2,200+ students and offers Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degrees and degree completion programs.
College Degree Finder
College Degree Finder
Online College Degree Programs
Explore distance learning degree programs that can be completed entirely online.
Degrees by level:
Degrees by Subject:
- Creative and Visual Art & Design
- Business Administration & Management
- Criminal Justice & Law Enforcement
- Education & Training
- Health, Medicine, Nursing & Therapy
- Hospitality & Culinary Arts
- Liberal Arts & Humanities
- Natural & Physical Science
- Social Science
- Computer & Information Technology
- Vocational & Technical Training
College Search Articles
- FAFSA Application and Timeline Improved by Obama Administration
- Benefits of Earning a College Degree
- How To Select The Best College
- Selecting a College Major
- How To Select College Classes
- How To Find College Loans
- Community Colleges vs. Universities
- Online College Degrees
- How To Select a Community College
- Excuses for Not Attending College
- Jump Start Your College Planning
- Public "Ivy League" Colleges
- Selecting A Graduate School
- Masters or Ph.D.: Which is Right?
- The Right Graduate Program
- Why Not College?
- Get Them To Say "Yes"
- Why Students Like Online Learning
- College Rankings
- Highest Acceptance Rate
- Lowest Acceptance Rate
- Most Students Receiving Merit Aid
- Highest 4-year Graduation Rate
- Top 25 Community Colleges
- Top 100 Colleges by Highest Tuition
- Top 100 Colleges by Highest Total Cost
- Top Colleges by Salary of Graduates
- Top Party Schools
- Best Schools for Entrepreneurs
- Top 25 Recruiters Picks
- Most Popular Degrees by Gender