Copy and Paste the following into your website
34 Crucial Tips for Your Next Job Interview
In a survey of more than 2,000 hiring managers, 33% claimed to know whether or not they would hire someone within 90 seconds.
Common nonverbal mistakes made during job interviews
- 67% fail to make eye contact
- 47% have little knowledge of the company
- 38% don’t smile
- 33% have bad posture
- 33% fidget too much
- 26% have a weak handshake
- 21% play with their hair or touch their face
- 21% cross their arms over their chest
- 9% use too many hand gestures
Statistics show that first impressions are determined by
- 55% – The way you dress, act, and walk through the door
- 38% – The quality of your voice, grammar, and confidence
- 7% – The words you choose to say
Things that have an impact on first impressions
- 70% of employers claim they don’t want applicants to be overly fashionable or trendy
- 65% of hiring managers say clothes can be the deciding factor between two similar candidates
Advance your career. Go back to school. Search for online and campus-based college degree programs here.
Brightly-colored clothing is bad
Top 10 most common interview mistakes
- Over-explaining why you lost your last job
- Conveying that you’re not over losing your last job
- Lacking humor, warmth or personality
- Not showing enough interest or enthusiasm
- Inadequate research about a potential employer
- Concentrating too much on what you want
- Trying to be all things to all people
- “Winging” the interview
- Failing to set yourself apart from other candidates
- Failing to ask for the job
4 Questions most likely to be asked
- What was your experience like at…?
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What do you know about our company?
- Why did you leave your previous job?
4 Most important interview tips
- Learn about the organization
- Have a specific position in mind that you’d like to fill
- Review your qualifications for the job
- Be ready to briefly describe related experience